Thursday, April 29, 2021

Learn About Cannabis Dabbing 101

As an OG Emerald Triangle cannabis flower fan, I've recently schooled myself on dabbing. Dabbing delivers a high that hits harder. Great for those with raised tolerance levels like me. 

VAPE = Cannabis oil
DAB = Cannabis wax

At first I was turned off from cannabis vaping & dabbing because of my preference for flower FLAVOR (created by terpenes that can be lost in vape oil & dab wax). The tech has come a long way, though! Live Rosin delivers incredible and accurate flavor from their actual cannabis flower terpene derivative.

Dab wax is usually heated with a special cannabis dabbing device (which started, believe it or not, as a blow torch but has since evolved into battery powered coil technology heating a ceramic bowl). The device heats the wax and the consumer inhales the "smoke", actually vapors similar to vape pen, not smoke like a cannabis pipe or joint. Although, I have also spread dabbing wax on a bowl for a more potent smoking sesh (better in the middle of the bowl than on top to avoid torching wax directly). It works!

Dab wax you see above was $86 at the dispensary. It will last me about a month (in combo with other cannabis products). Slightly pricier than the average $58 bc I wanted to try cold press (cleaner process) version.

The personal size portable dabbing pen shown below is made by Puffco and sells for around $85 at my local dispensary. It is convenient for travel but requires some patience in waiting for it to heat up properly, and also needs cleaning after every use or it will get clogged (different than a vape pen that way), which is somewhat INconvenient. Still, it's fun and delivers a good high so I'm happy with it until the technology improves. Puffco also makes a larger dabbing device that looks similar to a bong. My friend that has one loves hers!


No comments:

Post a Comment