Thursday, March 4, 2021

NorCal Weed Gal, Cannabits :: INTRO


Sugar was my gateway drug. I mean, if you believe in that kind of thing. When I look back on my life, contrast plays a big role. The biggest role. The sugar prohibition in our cannabis-friendly household was the first of many. Also among the most interesting:
> Watching hippies turn into yuppies in the 1980's
> Having a Catholic dad and Atheist mom
> Growing up in between two small towns juxtaposed by their agricultural legality (one thriving with millionaire-making vineyards, the other upheaving organic cannabis farms due to prohibition)
...and many more.

To someone like me who tends to be a "big picture person", prone to seeing life and circumstances through more of a panoramic lens, these contrasts have both molded and puzzled me.

I'm excited to share stories from my childhood. I've come to understand that my formative years were quite unique! 

My parents were San Francisco hippies, very comfortable with many things that made others uncomfortable, like nakedness, body hair, and yes, weed. Ours was a stable, nicely decorated (mom had a keen eye for design + love of antiques) village home amidst the rolling hills of Northern California. Quite the contrary of a stereotypical "stoner" household, I guess. Although I'm not sure I've EVER seen a living example of a stereotypical stoner household with lazy parents, etc. Maybe they exist but I've only seen them on screen.

So, I hope my one-of-a-kind childhood stories will brighten your day, maybe give you a laugh or a new perspective.

Some upcoming stories:
🟢 My Insatiable Sweet Tooth In Our Anti-Sugar House
🟢 My First Protest (age 4)
🟢 My First Circle Pass Of The J (age 4)
🟢 Mom Gets Arrested For Dad's Garden (age 4)
🟢 A Very Cannabis Christmas (age 7)
🟢 Our Family's Famous Friend
🟢 Our Move To The Emerald Triangle (age 9)

All my stories will be peppered with contrasts that I've observed along the way. 

I'll also be using this blog as a cannabis education platform.

High regards, and thank you for following and sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment